Data Centers and IT Providers in Alabama
Did you know there are 12 colocation data centers in Alabama and over 60 high-end IT consultants and service providers? With this many service providers comes a problem — ewaste.
Ewaste is electronic equipment that has failed, reached the end of its lifespan, or is being decommissioned for some other reason. This includes everything from data center blade servers to small business networks, monitors, computers and laptops, tablets and smartphones, peripherals, printers— and everything in between.
Often, the equipment is still operational, but has been replaced so your data center can stay competitive, or your IT service can offer customers the level of service they expect. Upgrades happen as software is updated and new technical needs force change.
One of the major problems everyone in the IT industry runs into, sooner or later, is that all that outmoded equipment piles up over time. It ends up dominating your storage shelves and back rooms. Often, the hard drives and flash memory in those abandoned devices store personal and corporate information.
What happens to all that old equipment? In a landfill, it becomes hazardous waste. In the wrong hands, it becomes a security risk.
ITAD Asset Remarketing
Often, old electronics can be put back into use when made available to the right market, under the right circumstances. At Protec Recycling, that’s one of our fields of expertise.
ITAD (Information Technology Asset Disposition), is the practice of remarketing IT assets from the retirement of older computer equipment and peripherals, while generating revenue for you that lowers the cost of acquiring new assets.
You can receive an ROI for your old tech!
At Protec Recycling, our certified IT asset remarketing and disposition services, ensures data security, a fair price, and an eco-friendly result.
Full Data Destruction is guaranteed regardless of final disposition. Prior to resale, all assets are cleaned, tested, securely data wiped or shredded and prepared for shipping. All identifying stickers and asset tracking numbers are removed. Corporate and customer data is verifiably removed or destroyed.
Equipment We Purchase and Consign:
- Newer PC towers and Laptops of higher quantities
- Apple products – iMacs, Macbooks, and iPads
- Smartphones, tablets, and Chromebooks
- Networking equipment
- Servers and data center equipment
- Newer standalone copiers
The first step is to speak with one of our Purchasing Agents. We can talk about consignment or direct purchase options. Contact Us today and let us help maximize the value of your out-of-use electronics.
Full-Service Electronics Recycling
At Protec Recycling, we offer:
- Full-service IT Recycling Services: Protec Recycling manages all aspects of the IT disposition process for our clients and develops customized programs to meet their specific requirements. Superior customer service and data security are our paramount objectives.
- Logistics: Protec Recycling’s professional staff is deployed to customer locations for pick-up, packaging, and loading.
- Data Security Services: Customers can select on-site or off-site, guaranteed physical destruction (shredding). Services are compliant with HIPAA, GLBA, FACTA and DoD best practices. A certificate of data destruction and serial report are provided.
- Audits and Reporting: Protec offers full audits of equipment recycled. A comprehensive list, including serial number, make, model and asset tag can be provided for record keeping and chain-of-custody reporting.
Schedule One-Time or Ongoing Ewaste Recycling Services
From one-time purges to regularly scheduled service, Protec helps you regularly destroy or remarket ewaste. To schedule a pickup, call our office at 205-549-2120 or visit our Contact Us page today.