Residential Electronic Recycling
Recycle your old computers, laptops, tablets, phones, and more! Protec Recycling is open Monday through Friday (8 am to 4 pm) for convenient drop-offs at our facility. Please make an appointment to drop off your electronics for recycling.
Security, Integrity, Sustainability
Recycling for Homeowners
Residential drop-offs are received weekdays from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. No appointment is necessary unless you unless you are shredding paper or hard drives AND would like to witness the destruction process.
Drop-off Receiving is at the BACK of our building at door 133. When you turn into the Distribution Center, veer left to go behind the first building on the left and continue to door 133. We will unload for you there.
Our Residential E-Waste and Document Shredding Services
- Electronics and e-Waste Recycling
- Hard Drive Shredding (including devices like phones, USBs, backup tapes & more.)
- Document Shredding
- Computers, Laptops, and Monitors
- Servers and Networking Gear
- Smart phones and tablets
- Wires, cables, modems, and routers
- Printers, copiers, toner, and ink cartridges
- TVs, Stereos, and Satellite Boxes
- Small appliances and other consumer electronics
Download our PDF files for complete lists of:
Please note that some fees are associated with recycling TVs and CRT monitors. These fees are required because of the environmental hazards and costs associated with safely processing them to ensure that no devices or components will end up in landfills.
135 Distribution Drive Homewood, AL 35209
Your Private Data is Destroyed
For your protection (and ours), we sanitize hard drives from all donated computers and other info-carrying devices. Optionally, you may wish to have us shred them for visual confirmation that all data has been destroyed. It is not necessary to remove the drive prior to arrival as this is included with the service.
Fees for Services
Fees are as follows and may change periodically:
- $12 ea. for CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) Monitors
- $0.35/lb for CRT or Flat-Panel TVs
- $0.45/lb for DLP or Rear Projection TVs
- $10 for Hard Drive Shredding
Wooden console TVs and broken-screen CRT TVs and monitors are not accepted.
In addition to weekday drop-off availability, Protec often partners with local governments and businesses throughout the state, conducting free recycling events for community members.