Residential Electronic Recycling
Recycle your old computers, laptops, tablets, phones, and more! Protec Recycling is open Monday through Friday (8 am to 4 pm) for convenient drop-offs at our facility. Please make an appointment to drop off your electronics for recycling.
Security, Integrity, Sustainability
Recycling for Homeowners
Residential drop-offs are received weekdays from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. No appointment is necessary unless you unless you are shredding paper or hard drives, AND you would like to witness the destruction process.
Drop-off Receiving is at the BACK of our building at door 133. When you turn into the Distribution Center, veer left to go behind the first building on the left and continue to door 133.
Please call us at 205-549-2120 upon arrival. We will come out and unload for you. Please stay in your vehicle.
Please click HERE for service pricing.
Our Residential E-Waste and Document Shredding Services
- Electronics and e-Waste Recycling
- Hard Drive Shredding (including devices like phones, USBs, backup tapes & more.)
- Document Shredding
- Computers, Laptops, and Monitors
- Servers and Networking Gear
- Smart phones and tablets
- Wires, cables, modems, and routers
- Printers, copiers, toner, and ink cartridges
- TVs, Stereos, and Satellite Boxes
- Small appliances and other consumer electronics
Download our PDF files for complete lists of:
- Items Acceptable for Electronic Recycling
- Items NOT Acceptable for Electronic Recycling
- Service Pricing
Please note that some fees are associated with recycling TVs and CRT monitors. These fees are required because of the environmental hazards and costs associated with safely processing them to ensure that no devices or components will end up in landfills.
Your Private Data is Destroyed
For your protection (and ours), we sanitize hard drives from all donated computers and other info-carrying devices. Optionally, you may wish to have us shred them for visual confirmation that all data has been destroyed. It is not necessary to remove the drive prior to arrival as this is included with the service. Protec Recycling is a NAID AAA Certified service provider.
Fees for Services
- $12 ea. for CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) Monitors
- $0.35/lb for CRT or Flat-Panel TVs
- $0.45/lb for DLP or Rear Projection TVs
- $10 for Hard Drive Shredding
- $40 per 65 gallon bin (6-8 standard boxes) for drop-off service
- Please Call or Request a Quote for on-site services
*Wooden console TVs and broken-screen CRT TVs and monitors are not accepted.
**Fees are subject to change
In addition to weekday drop-off availability, Protec often partners with local governments and businesses throughout the state, conducting free recycling events for community members.