Medical & Healthcare Facilities
Almost nowhere is data security more critical than in the healthcare field. HIPAA and related laws & regulations provide stiff penalties for mishandling patient information. Data theft of medical information can have tragic consequences for patients. At Protec, we recycle your old equipment and securely destroy its data.
Secure, Green, Simple!
Full Service Electronic Recycling.
Safe, Secure Disposal of E-Waste for the Medical Industry
With Protec, you have a partner experienced in matters of HIPAA privacy laws, liability issues, chain of custody, verifiable proof of data destruction, and environmentally responsible recycling.
- Analyzers, Lab Equipment, Computers & Servers
- Cell Phones, Tablets & Mobile Devices.
- TVs, Faxes, Modems & Routers.
- Printers, Copiers, Toner & Ink.
We specialize in on-site hard drive shredding, a critical component in complying with data privacy laws such as PCI, HIPAA, GLBA and FACTA. Protec provides verification that digital media and confidential information has been securely destroyed..
- Computer, Server, Laptop, and External Hard Drives (SATA, SCSI, IDE)
- Backup Tapes (LTO, DLT, Exabyte)
- Optical Media (CDs/DVDs).
- USB Storage & Cell Phones.
Protec offers full service pickup for the recycling of electronic waste. Let us take care of all the heavy lifting, transportation, and any necessary cleanup.
We provide ground level pick-up for basic needs or detailed coordination for more complex operations. Whether you’re making updates to utilize new technology or undergoing a complete office clean-out, our removal services can enable a seamless transition.
Secure Data Destruction for Healthcare
HIPAA Compliant e-Waste Recycling
When it comes to healthcare providers, Protec provides a secure, reliable chain of custody for the handling of electronic waste. Equipment on which sensitive patient information and medical data is stored must be handled professionally, securely, and using HIPAA compliant protocols.
At Protec, we provide comprehensive, affordable electronics recycling for a variety of medical facilities.
- Physician’s Offices
- Dentists Offices
- Chiropractic Offices
- Toxicology Laboratories
- Treatment Centers
- Clinics and Urgent Care Facilities
Today, data is stored on nearly all medical electronics, so when equipment ages out or an upgrade is a must, call on Protec to handle equipment decommissioning and securely provide for the destruction of sensitive data.
Hard Drive Shredding
We specialize in on-site hard drive destruction, a critical component to comply with data privacy laws such as PCI, HIPAA, GLBA and FACTA.
This service is not just convenient; it also allows companies to verify that digital media and confidential information has been securely destroyed.
Learn more on our Hard Drive Shredding page. page.
At Protec Recycling, we provide experienced and comprehensive X-Ray recycling, addressing both the toxic material aspect and the personal privacy concerns with regard to these ubiquitous medical records.
- Our process is 100% eco-friendly.
- Accepted are: Medical X-Rays, MRI, Dental, NDT film, Industrial film, and more.
- We provide HIPAA compliant certification of destruction
- Protec destroys all accompanying medical records too, if jackets or files accompany the X-Rays.
Learn more on our X-Ray Recycling Services page.
At Protec Reycling, we have the paper shredding options you need. Whether you are at the end of a document retention period or have records that have been digitized and require confidential disposal, we can provide certified services in dealing with obsolete files.
- Secure document destruction performed on-site.
- Schedule recurring service or a one-time purge.
- Consoles and bins are provided at no cost.
- Compliant with all data privacy laws, including HIPAA, GLBA, FACTA.
- Shredded paper is 100% recycled.
Learn more on our Paper Shredding Services page.
Want to learn how Protec can help your company today? Visit our Contact Us page or Call us at 205-549-2120.